Sunday, March 31, 2013

The Greatest Love Story Ever Told: "New Again" by Brad Paisley and Sara Evans




I'm laying awake on this Easter night thinking of Jesus' sacrifice and the meaning behind Easter.  There is a song I listen to every Easter that reminds me of Jesus' love and helps me not get too caught up in the commercial side of Easter that I thought I should share.  It's called "New Again" by Brad Paisley and Sara Evans and is one of the most moving songs I have ever heard due to the innocence of Sara's voice and the love in Brad's voice.  What really gets me about this song is the love evident in Mary/Jesus' relationship.  It's sung in a very unique way and it's extremely powerful to hear the points of view of both Jesus and Mary.  I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do.


Happy Easter.

(P.S: Brad and Sara wrote this song together.  Pretty impressive.)
  

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I was unaware of that song. Very impressive writing and performance from two of my country faves. Powerful video. Thanks, Jules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this song is very underrated but very powerful. Thanks so much for reading, Greg- you should come visit soon!

      Delete